About the USBConnect 305 (Lightning)
SIM Type: Micro 3FF
- USB connection: Compact modem plugs directly into your laptops's USB port.
- 3G: Connectivity to the nations's fastest 3G network
- Expandable memory: Integrated microSD card slot provides a portable file transfer and storage solution expandable to up to 32 GB (cards sold separately).
- Award-winning design: Unique articulating USB hinge
- GSM/GPRS - 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G - 850/1900/2100, HSUPA
- EDGE high speed data network - capable
- Max transfer rate - Certified for 7.2 Mbps on 3G networks
- Cellular Enhancement Protocol - GSM/GPRS/EDGE UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA
- Antenna - integrated
- Supported OS - Windows 7, Vista, XP, Mac OS (v10.4 or later) compatible
- Integrated microSD slot
- LED status indicators
Antenna Port Location
The antenna port is on the left side of the modem beneath a silver cover
Tips For Using Your Antenna/Adapter Cable:
- Be GENTLE when connecting or disconnecting the adapter cable to/from your modem - the connector pins and the ports themselves can be VERY FRAGILE!!!
- If the adapter cable feels loose when you connect it to the antenna port, remove it and roll it between your thumb and forefinger while applying medium pressure. The friction and pressure will cause the connectors' "teeth" to tighten up, allowing it to fit more snugly in your device's antenna port.
- If you're using a magnetic mount antenna, make sure it is connected to something magnetic or it will not work! If you're using an antenna that included radials, make sure the radials are screwed on or it will not be as effective! (other antennas do not require grounding)