About the USBConnect Shockwave (AirCard 308)
- USB connection: Compact modem plugs directly into your laptops's USB port.
- 4G: The nation's fastest mobile broadband network is getting faster with 4G
- Expandable Memory: Integrated microSD card slot provides a portable file transfer and storage solution expandable up to 32 GB (cards sold separately).
- Global Connectivity: Travel internationally and stay connected globally with GSM global connection capability in more than 200 countries (International roaming data rates apply outside of the U.S. Visit att.com/worldpackages & select "Data Plans/Packages")
- GSM/GPRS - 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G - UMTS/HSDPA
- 4G Speeds - HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul in limited areas. See att.com/network for availability
- EDGE high speed data network - capable
- Antenna - Built-in antenna and external antenna port (external antennas sold separately)
- Supported OS - Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista, XP SP3, Apple® Mac® OS (v10.4 or later)
Antenna Port Location
The Shockwave's antenna port is beneath a plug on the side of the modem (the side closest to the LED lights)
Tips For Using Your Antenna/Adapter Cable:
- Be GENTLE when connecting or disconnecting the adapter cable to/from your modem - the connector pins and the ports themselves can be VERY FRAGILE!!!
- If the adapter cable feels loose when you connect it to the antenna port, remove it and roll it between your thumb and forefinger while applying medium pressure. The friction and pressure will cause the connectors' "teeth" to tighten up, allowing it to fit more snugly in your device's antenna port.
- If you're using a magnetic mount antenna, make sure it is connected to something magnetic or it will not work! If you're using an antenna that included radials, make sure the radials are screwed on or it will not be as effective! (other antennas do not require grounding)