About the UMG587 (Sonic)
SIM Type: Micro 3FF
- Sonic Hotspot
- USB cable (micro to standard USB)
- AC power supply
- Frequencies: 850 MHz; 900 MHz; 1800 MHz; 1900 MHz; UMTS/HSPA+: AWS Band IV / 2100 / 1900 / 850
- Memory Card: supports microSD up to 32 GB (not included)
- Antenna: Built-in antenna and external antenna port (external antennas sold separately)
- Battery: Lithium Ion
- Usage Time: Up to 4.5 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 150 hours
- Dimensions: 4.02" x 2.2" x 0.61"
- Weight: 3.88oz
Antenna Port Location
The Sonic's antenna port is under a plug on the upper left side of the device.
Tips For Using Your Antenna/Adapter Cable:
- Be GENTLE when connecting or disconnecting the adapter cable to/from your modem - the connector pins and the ports themselves can be VERY FRAGILE!!!
- T-Mobile uses a variety of different frequencies for 3G and 4G. Not all antennas will help with all of their frequencies!
- If the adapter cable feels loose when you connect it to the antenna port, remove it and roll it back and forth between your thumb and forefinger while applying medium pressure. The friction and pressure will cause the connectors' "teeth" to tighten up, allowing it to fit more snugly in your device's antenna port.
- If you're using a magnetic mount antenna, make sure it is connected to something magnetic or it will not work! If you're using an antenna that included radials, make sure the radials are screwed on or it will not be as effective! (other antennas do not require grounding)