u301 on Sprint
- Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows Vista® and Windows 7
- Mac OS X version 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6
- Easy Installation and Activation
- Simply insert the SmartView CD to install the software and the device will be activated automatically as part of the installation process. NOTE: Providing that your data plan subscription and electronic serial number (ESN) have been established in the Sprint billing system, the device will program and activate automatically when Sprint SmartView is installed and the device is inserted into the computer.
- Rotating USB Connector
- Flexible USB connector makes it easy to plug into any USB port.
- GPS Capable
- Autonomous and simultaneous GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches.
- Advanced built-in antenna that offers advanced dual-band diversity design enhances performance by maximizing data throughput.
- Sprint Smartview
- Sprint SmartView connection manager makes connecting fast and easy, plus gives you easy access to GPS features and services at the touch of a button. Additionally, customized configuration is available to Enterprise customers.
- Sprint Mobile Broadband Capabilities
- With the evolution to EV-DO Revision A, users in markets where it is rolled out, will experience faster average download speeds of 600 kbps - 1.4 Mbps and average upload speeds of 350 - 500 kbps.
- Employs CDMA wireless technology authentication and identification system for top-notch security. The Mobile Identification Number (MIN) and Electronic Serial Number (ESN), together with CDMA spread spectrum technology, make it virtually impossible for unauthorized users to capture and decipher messages and other sensitive information.
- Dimensions: 3.5" x 1.27" x 0.92"
- Weight: 1.25 oz
- Compatibility: Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows Vista® and Windows 7 Mac OS X version 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6
Antenna Port Location
This device does not have an antenna port to directly connect an antenna to, but you can use an antenna with your device by using a passive adapter cable.
The passive adapter will connect to your phone/hotspot via the included velcro patch (which has adhesive backing to stick to your device). The passive adapter should be placed near the device's internal antenna (for the iPhone, that would be the lower back of the phone; for Blackberry models it would be the top of the back of the phone. See your device's manual for placement on other devices OR experiment with different placements until you find the location that results in the best signal gain).