About the Ovation MC760 (U760)
Supports Fast Network Data Speeds: Designed to operate on CDMA supporting Sprint EV-DO Rev. A Mobile Broadband service. Average download speeds are 600 Kbps-1.4 Mbps with peak speeds of 3.1 Mbps. Average upload speeds are 350-500 Kbps with peak speeds of 1.8 Mbps. Backwards compatible to CDMA EV-Do Rev. 0 and 1xRTT in areas where Sprint EV-DO Rev. A coverage is not available.
GPS Enabled: Supports Sprint Location Services (Locate and Search leveraging the GPS-Chipset in the device) for Sprint Mobile Broadband users. Users can find nearby restaurants, gas stations, banks and more without entering their current location. Results are presented on a user's choice of several popular online mapping tools via Sprint SmartView tools and services.
Integrated microSD slot: Sprint customers now have flexible memory storage options via a microSD slot. Device can be used with a microSD memory card up to 8GB * (sold separately). * 16GB available late Q4 or early Q1 09
Easy Sprint SmartView Installation: No CD required for software installation on Windows or Mac Operating Systems.
One-Touch Activation: with just "one" more click after software installation, the device will be activated and ready to go. Note: the user must activate this device’s ESN on a Sprint account before inserting.
Security: Employs CDMA wireless technology authentication and identification system for top-notch security.
Sprint SmartView software: for connectivity to Sprint’s Mobile Broadband network as well as quick links for Sprint supported services and tools with an applications drop down for ease of access to tools like Sprint Speed Test, the Digital Lounge for Mobile Broadband and other pre-defined applications
Sprint Location Services: users can take advantage of Sprint Location Services to conduct a “locate and search” inquiry. Using the GPS chipset embedded in the device, users can plot their current location on a map and then search for nearby points interest such as gas stations, banks, or restaurants. Users can also enter their own custom point of interest query.
Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS): Supports “Suspend and “Resume” after a period of inactivity, the laptop computer will ‘go to sleep,’ or suspend. The Novatel Wireless Ovation U760 will remain ready to reconnect when the operating system ‘wakes up,’ or resumes. Also supports “Always On”, “Auto-connect”, faster connection time and intelligent data traffic routing.
- Compatibility: Windows® Vista and XP or Macintosh OS X or Linux
- Dimensions: 2.24 X 0.98 X 0.47 in (inserted into USB port)
- Weight: .67 ounces
- Chipset: Qualcomm® QSC6085
- Frequency: Digital dual-band (CDMA 1900 and 800 MHz); supports EV-DO 1XRTT, Rev-0 and Rev. A where available
- Antenna: Built-in, external antennas sold separately
- Memory: 64 MB
- Disc Space: 32MB
- Processor: Pentium 150 MHz or higher
- Slots: USB port
Antenna Port Location
The USB760's antenna port is under a plug on the side of the device (opposite side as the SD card slot).
Tips For Using Your Antenna/Adapter Cable:
- Be GENTLE when connecting or disconnecting the adapter cable to/from your modem - the connector pins and the ports themselves can be VERY FRAGILE!!!
- If the adapter cable feels loose when you connect it to the antenna port, remove it and roll it between your thumb and forefinger while applying medium pressure. The friction and pressure will cause the connectors' "teeth" to tighten up, allowing it to fit more snugly in your device's antenna port.
- If you're using a magnetic mount antenna, make sure it is connected to something magnetic or it will not work! If you're using an antenna that included radials, make sure the radials are screwed on or it will not be as effective! (other antennas do not require grounding)