Compass 597U on Sprint
- Compatibility: Windows® 7, Vista and XP or Macintosh OS X
- Dimensions: 1.1" x 3.1" x 0.4"
- Weight: 0.7 ounces
- Frequency: Digital dual-band (CDMA 1900 and 800 MHz); supports EV-DO 1XRTT, Rev-0 and Rev. A where available
- Antenna: Built-in + port for external antenna (sold separately)
- Memory: 32MB
- Disc Space: 32MB
- Processor: Pentium 150 MHz or higher
- Slots: USB port
Antenna Port Location
The 597's antenna port is under a plug on the side of the device (same side as the LED lights).
Tips For Using Your Antenna/Adapter Cable:
- Be GENTLE when connecting or disconnecting the adapter cable to/from your modem - the connector pins and the ports themselves can be VERY FRAGILE!!!
- If the adapter cable feels loose when you connect it to the antenna port, remove it and roll it between your thumb and forefinger while applying medium pressure. The friction and pressure will cause the connectors' "teeth" to tighten up, allowing it to fit more snugly in your device's antenna port.
- If you're using a magnetic mount antenna, make sure it is connected to something magnetic or it will not work! If you're using an antenna that included radials, make sure the radials are screwed on or it will not be as effective! (other antennas do not require grounding)