V740 on Verizon
- CDMA EVDO Rev A, 1xEV-DO, 1xRTT, IS 95 (800/1900 MHz
- ExpressCard Technology
- Supports USB 2.0 and PCI Express applications
- New Form Factor - smaller and lighter than traditional PC Cards (more info)
- High Speed Data Transfer (up to 3.0 Mbps)
- VZAccess Manager software for easy connection and management
- 2-way SMS Messaging
- FLip-up Antenna
- LED Service Status Indicator
- External Antenna Connector (allows antennas and amplifiers)
- Card Slot:ExpressCard 34 or ExpressCard 54
- Windows Processor: 166 MHz, Mac: MacBook Pro
- Hard Disk Space: 14mb
- Windows 2000, XP (or higher)
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 (or higher)
- 4.4”x 1.3”x 0.19” (H x W x D)/li>
- Weight: 39g/1.4 oz.
Antenna Port Location
The antenna port is under a plastic cover on the side of the top of the card.
Tips For Using Your Antenna/Adapter Cable:
- Be GENTLE when connecting or disconnecting the adapter cable to/from your modem - the connector pins and the ports themselves can be VERY FRAGILE!!!
- If the adapter cable feels loose when you connect it to the antenna port, remove it and roll it between your thumb and forefinger while applying medium pressure. The friction and pressure will cause the connectors' "teeth" to tighten up, allowing it to fit more snugly in your device's antenna port.
- If you're using a magnetic mount antenna, make sure it is connected to something magnetic or it will not work! If you're using an antenna that included radials, make sure the radials are screwed on or it will not be as effective! (other antennas do not require grounding)