Fast Facts about this Product:
- This repeater kit is best for: RV-ers wanting more indoor coverage than a vehicle-class repeater but don't want to mount an antenna outside; also great for users who need an option that does not require permanent installation of the antennas (such as apartment dwellers, etc).
- Coverage area*: large RV or 1-3 rooms in an average home/office
- All-in-One Kit? YES
- Compatibility: 800mhz/1900mhz networks, which are used by most 2G (voice) and 3G networks in the USA, including:
- Verizon 2G/3G
- Sprint 2G/3G
- AT&T 2G/3G and HSPA+ (which shows up on your device as "4G" - NOT LTE)
- Datajack and Virgin Mobile 3G
- T-Mobile and Cricket 2G
- Does NOT work with LTE (Verizon/AT&T/Sprint/US Cellular/MetroPCS 4G), WiMAX (Sprint/CLEAR 4G), Nextel/iDen, or AWS (T-Mobile 3G/4G and Cricket 3G)
Do a site survey before buying this amplifier! If you're purchasing this to use in just one location, we strongly recommend doing a site survey first to determine whether the amplifier will help your signal and performance and to give you an idea of what kind of results you can expect from it. Start here: Will an Antenna/Amplifier Help Me?
If your signal is extremely poor (-108db or worse), an amplifier may not help you. There must be some usable signal available for the amplifier to boost for it to be effective.
The All-In-One SOHO kit for RV includes everything you need to boost voice and 3G signal wirelessly in a larger RV/trailer. This kit requires NO permanent installation. The magnetic mount antenna can be placed on the suction-cup window mount attached to any exterior-facing window, and the desktop antenna can sit on any desk, tabletop, etc. There is nothing to permanently mount, no screws needed, no holes to drill and no fishing cable through attics, walls or cabinets!
How it works: The magnetic mount antenna picks up the cellular signal and sends it through the first cable to the amplifier. The signal is then boosted and sent through the second cable to the inside antenna, which rebroadcasts the boosted signal. All of your modems/phones within range of the inside antenna can benefit from the boosted signal wirelessly.
*Many factors will influence the actual coverage area you will see from a repeater, including layout/floorplan, construction, and original un-amplified signal strength. Depending on your situation, you may see more or less coverage than the estimates listed here. It is not possible to guarantee coverage area.