Fast Facts About This Product:
- This repeater kit is best for: Users who need to provide amplified cellular signal to multiple cellular modems or phones in a couple of rooms of a house/office.
- Coverage area*: 1-2 rooms in an average home/office
- All-in-One Kit? YES
- Compatibility: 800mhz/1900mhz networks, which are used by most 2G (voice) and 3G networks in the USA, including:
- Verizon 2G/3G
- Sprint 2G/3G
- AT&T 2G/3G and HSPA+ (which shows up on your device as "4G" - NOT LTE)
- Datajack and Virgin Mobile 3G
- T-Mobile and Cricket 2G
- Does NOT work with LTE (Verizon/AT&T/Sprint/US Cellular/MetroPCS 4G), WiMAX (Sprint/CLEAR 4G), Nextel/iDen, or AWS (T-Mobile 3G/4G and Cricket 3G)
Do a site survey before buying this amplifier! If you're purchasing this to use in just one location, we strongly recommend doing a site survey first to determine whether the amplifier will help your signal and performance and to give you an idea of what kind of results you can expect from it. Start here: Will an Antenna/Amplifier Help Me?
If your signal is extremely poor (-108db or worse), an amplifier may not help you. There must be some usable signal available for the amplifier to boost for it to be effective.
The CM2000-WL 55/60dB provides completely wireless boosting of signals for multiple users simultaneously. It supports all cellphone handsets and service providers in the 800/1900mhz frequency bands, and is perfect for use in office enterprises, large vehicles (ships, trains, buses, RVs), or homes with multiple users. A sophisticated Protection circuit prevents damage to the amplifier due to interference or improper installation. With a Cellphone-Mate Amplifier doing all the long-range work, the battery on your cellphone drains slower, thereby increasing talk time. The 6V design runs safer, cooler and more efficient. Finally, with proper use of the CM2000-WL, dangerous hot spots are removed a safe distance from the user's body.
How it works: The outside antenna picks up the cellular signal and sends it through the first cable to the amplifier. The signal is then boosted and sent through the second cable to the inside antenna, which rebroadcasts the boosted signal. All of your modems/phones within range of the inside antenna can benefit from the boosted signal wirelessly.
*Many factors will influence the actual coverage area you will see from a repeater, including layout/floorplan, construction, and original un-amplified signal strength. Depending on your situation, you may see more or less coverage than the estimates listed here. It is not possible to guarantee coverage area.