This magnetic mount antenna includes a pre-attached 12.5' cable terminated with an SMA/Male connector and is typically used with routers/gateways that have embedded cellular modules (like the Cradlepoint COR IBR600 or IBR650). It can be used with traditional aircards (USB modems, hotspots, etc), but an SMA/Female to FME/Female adapter and an adapter cable would be necessary.
Fast Facts About This Product:
- This antenna is best for: users of routers/gateways that use SMA/female antenna connectors.
- Compatibility: 700-2100mhz networks, which are used by most 2G, 3G, and 4G providers in the USA and Canada. Confirm which frequency your provider is using and make sure this antenna supports it before purchasing! Contact us if you need any assistance.
- Height: 4.175" tall.
- Cable: 12.5' RG174 attached to antenna
- Ground Plane: This antenna MUST be attached to a metal surface in order to function! An 8"+ diameter ground plane is recommended (the roof of a car/truck is perfect); a Suction Cup Window Mount is available for using the Mag Mount antenna indoors or where a metal ground plane is not available.
- Weatherproof? Yes, this antenna can be used outdoors and is made for use on a vehicle's metal/magnetic rooftop.
- Mounting Requirements: This antenna MUST be attached to a metal surface but does not require permanent mounting (i.e., no drilling, screwing, hardware, etc is required). A Suction Cup Window Mount is available for using the Mag Mount antenna indoors or where a metal ground plane is not available.
- Portability: The Magnetic Mount antenna is portable but does require a metal ground plane to function. You must attach the antenna to either an 8"+ metal ground plane or the Suction Cup Window Mount, reducing its flexibility slightly.