This magnetic mount antenna includes a pre-attached 12.5' cable terminated with an SMA/Male connector and is typically used with routers/gateways that have embedded cellular modules (like the Cradlepoint COR IBR600 or IBR650). It can be used with traditional aircards (USB modems, hotspots, etc), but an SMA/Female to FME/Female adapter and an adapter cable would be necessary.
Fast Facts About This Product:
- This antenna is best for: users of routers/gateways that use SMA/female antenna connectors.
- Compatibility: 700mhz/800mhz/1900mhz/2100mhz networks, which are used by most 2G, 3G, and 4G providers in the USA, including:
- Verizon 2G/3G/4G
- Sprint 2G/3G/4G LTE (does NOT work with 4G WiMAX!)
- AT&T 2G/3G/4G/LTE
- T-Mobile & MetroPCS 3G/4G only where 1900/2100mhz is being used (these carriers also use the 1700mhz band in some areas; this antenna will NOT help in those cases).
- US Cellular 3G/4G
- Datajack 3G
- Virgin Mobile 3G
- For other carriers, confirm which frequency your provider is using and make sure this antenna supports it before purchasing! Contact us if you need any assistance.
- Height: 4.175" tall.
- Cable: 12.5' RG174 attached to antenna
- Ground Plane: This antenna MUST be attached to a metal surface in order to function! An 8"+ diameter ground plane is recommended (the roof of a car/truck is perfect); a Suction Cup Window Mount is available for using the Mag Mount antenna indoors or where a metal ground plane is not available.
- Weatherproof? Yes, this antenna can be used outdoors and is made for use on a vehicle's metal/magnetic rooftop.
- Mounting Requirements: This antenna MUST be attached to a metal surface but does not require permanent mounting (i.e., no drilling, screwing, hardware, etc is required). A Suction Cup Window Mount is available for using the Mag Mount antenna indoors or where a metal ground plane is not available.
- Portability: The Magnetic Mount antenna is portable but does require a metal ground plane to function. You must attach the antenna to either an 8"+ metal ground plane or the Suction Cup Window Mount, reducing its flexibility slightly.