This router features two embedded modems and you will need SIM cards with active service from a compatible provider to use them (no SIMs required for Verizon/Sprint 3G). The HD2 has standard 2FF SIM slots - if you plan to use a microSIM, you'll need the micro-to-standard SIM adapter.
Fast Facts About This Product:
- This router is best for: Enterprise users wanting to load balance and/or aggregate between several wireless internet connections and want a solution with embedded/integrated 3G modems (aggregation/bonding requires the Max HD2 and a Balance 210 or higher router).
- Internet Connections Supported: 2 Embedded 3G, 2 Wired WAN, 1 USB (view full compatibility chart), WiFi as WAN* (more info)
- Networks Supported for Embedded Modems: WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+ (800/850/900/1900/2100 MHz), GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), CDMA 1xRTT/EV-DO (800/1900 MHz).
- WiFi Standard: 802.11 B, G, N
- WiFi Range: 400-500' through walls, much greater unobstructed (variable depending on interference from other electronics and physical interference such as walls and ceilings)
- Ethernet ports: 4 GbE LAN + 2 WAN
- Size: 1.56" x 10.24" x 5.66"
- Bonding: SpeedFusion VPN Bonding. NOTE: Many factors influence the real-world throughput you'll see from bonded connections, including latency, connection type, connection speeds, traffic type, and reliability on both sides of the SpeedFusion tunnel. Cellular users should note that bonded cellular connections suffer from "flow control" of TCP traffic at the carrier level, and 3Gstore cannot guarantee that bonding multiple cellular connections will result in faster speeds (however, the other benefits of SpeedFusion remain, such as unbreakable VPN, session persistence, and 100% up-time as long as you have 1 healthy WAN).
Many mobile Internet options are available today, including 3G/4G cellular, Wi-Fi, Satellite, WiMAX, LTE, and many more. However, coverage and speeds vary drastically between providers and locations. The Pepwave MAX allows you to combine multiple wireless Internet connections and intelligently manages them to accommodate the changing environment. Everything is automatic. You can stay connected and productive.
Our unique modular approach gives you the freedom to choose exactly what Internet services are the best fit for your area. Unlike other mobile routers the MAX doesn't force you to use one technology or provider - you can combine the benefits of up to six connections. You have the freedom to connect to whatever provider or technology makes sense for your application. Need more bandwidth? Add another connection. Coverage poor in some areas? Add another provider. The MAX intelligently manages all connections to give you the best experience possible.
*Compatibility with all WiFi networks cannot be guaranteed. Networks requiring authentication on a "splash page" (e.g. Starbucks WiFi) in particular can be hit or miss.
Tech Support and 24/7 Support Portal Access Included:
Our expert tech support is included for free with your purchase. You'll also have 24/7 access to our online Support Portal (which includes step-by-step guides, tip sheets, documentation, manuals, and more)! You can view all the support items you'll have access to by clicking on the "Support" tab above.
Internet Load Balancing and Automatic Failover.
Arrange the connections to any priority you want. With the same priority connections will be load balanced (aka "link controller") and allow you to increase network speed. When a connection fails due to signal or coverage issues the lower priority connections automatically kick in, backing up your failed Internet connections and giving you reliable and high speed Internet access.
Dual Long Range Wi-Fi Radio Built-in.
The Pepwave MAX's Wi-Fi WAN can be used as your incoming connection by connecting to wireless networks from access points you have access to. Once you are within the Wi-Fi network coverage the MAX can automatically switch to the Wi-Fi. The second Wi-Fi radio is dedicated to your local Access Point, giving you the best Wi-Fi experience.
Bandwidth Usage Monitor for Avoiding Unexpected Usage Bills.
Most mobile connection has usage allowance which causes extra data transmitted over the allowance to incur expensive charges. Pepwave MAX bandwidth usage monitor will help you monitor your usage and automatically cut off the connection when the cap is reached. You can browse the Internet freely without the worry of paying extra.
Military Grade VPN Encryption.
The MAX is ideal for public safety and sensitive private communications. Our revolutionary VPN engine allows you to use all available Internet links to load balance and failover your traffic through 256-bit AES encrypted VPN tunnels. Since our VPN engine is designed from the ground up for multiple Internet connections you can be assured that you will be securely connected wherever you are.
Extreme Temperatures, Vibration, Voltage? No Problem.
The MAX is specifically designed for reliable operation no matter what your mobile environment throws at it. Its industrial grade components can withstand extreme conditions ranging from a hot summer trunk to a cold winter night. The Pepwave MAX also features surge protection, so the device-killing ignition is no longer an issue. The included rack mount, or the optional rugged mount, is perfect for mobile environments. Worried about your 3G cards coming loose? We also have a card protector bracket to make sure your various 3G/4G adapters will stay securely in their slots.
No Software, No Middleware, No Hassles.
The MAX has the unique ability to manage multiple Internet connections and security policies all from one device. You don't need expensive software packages or confusing connection managers to be installed on all of your computers. Simply setup your Internet connections and security policies and you are ready to go. With the MAX you will enjoy robust mobile communications without bringing any of your IT staff along for the ride.
Connectivity for Everyone.
The MAX keeps you connected and allows you to share the connection with other devices and computers. The MAX includes a built-in DHCP server, a Wi-Fi Access Point, and a 4-port Ethernet switch, allowing you to share seamless and secure connectivity with any nearby users.
- Software: Pepwave MAX Firmware 5
- Support for PPPoE, Static IP, DHCP
- WAN Link Health Check
- Bandwidth Allowance Monitor
- USB 4G/3G Modem Support (List of Supported Modems)
- DHCP Server for LAN Clients
- Extended DHCP Option
- Bandwidth Allowance Monitor
- DHCP Reservation
- Support for Dynamic DNS services
- DNS Proxy for LAN Clients
- Load Balancing:
- Intelligent Failover
- Session Persistence
- Per-Service Load Distribution
- Multiple Algorithms
- Least Used
- Lowest Latency
- Complete VPN Solution:
- Site-to-Site VPN Bonding
- Bandwidth Aggregation
- Intelligent Failover
- 256-bit AES Encryption
- Pre-shared Key Authentication
- Dynamic Routing
- PPTP VPN Server
- RADIUS, LDAP Authentication
- IPsec VPN (Network-to-Network)***
- Advanced QOS:
- Application Prioritzation
- Custom Application QoS
- NAT and IP Forwarding
- Static Routes
- Port Forwarding
- Many to One, One to One NAT
- NAT Pool
- SIP ALG, H.323 ALG
- UPnP, NAT-PMP
- WINS Server
- DoS Prevention
- Stateful Firewall
- Device Management:
- Web Administrative Interface
- Email Notification
- Active Client and Session Lists
- Bandwidth Usage Statistics
- Web Reporting Services
- Syslog Service
- SNMP v1, v2c and v3
- Dimensions: 1.56" x 10.24" x 5.66"
- Weight: 2.65 lbs
- WAN Ports / Internet Links: 2
- LAN Ports: 4
- 3G/4G Modem Support: 1 USB (view list of compatible devices)
- Embedded Modems: 2
- Wi-Fi Receiver
- Wi-Fi Access Point
- Router (NAT) Mode
- WiFi Antennas: 4 x 5dBi Indoor Magnetic-base Antenna included; RP-SMA connectors (the WiFi antenna jacks are RP-SMA/Female - note: the WiFi antenna jacks are very close together. If you choose to replace the stock antennas with different WiFi antennas, you may not be able to connect them if the barrel on the connector you're using is too large. Contact us for more info.)
- Cellular Antennas: 2 x 3dBi Cellular Antennas included (4 total SMA ports available)
- Enclosure: Ruggedized Metal Enclosure, Rack Ear Mount
- Operating Frequency: 2412-2462Mhz
- Wan: 200mW 802.11 b/g
- Lan: 200mW 802.11 b/g, 4-Port 4 Gigabit Ports Switch
- Power Input: AC Adapter: AC Input 100-240V / DC Output 12V Terminal Block : 9-30V DC
- Power Consumption: 25W
- Operating Temperature: 40~65°C, 40~149°F
- Humidity: 15 to 95%
- Support and Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
***Peplink IPsec only supports connection with Cisco, Juniper, Pepwave, or Peplink devices.