This router features an embedded Verizon 3G/4G modem and you will need active Verizon service to use it. If you already have an active Verizon 4G line of service you plan to use, you can simply swap your SIM card over to the BR1 when you receive it (the BR1 has a standard-sized SIM slot - if you plan to use a microSIM, you'll need the micro-to-standard SIM adapter). If you need to sign up for new service, call us at 866-347-8673.
The Pepwave MAX BR1 is a rugged, ready-for-anything M2M connectivity solution that powers unparalleled uptime and dependability in mobile command, first response, surveillance, banking, retail, healthcare, and other deployments. Featuring Automatic Failover between fixed and mobile links, built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi and Verizon 4G LTE/3G modems, and SpeedFusion™ persistent session roaming, the MAX BR1 keeps critical voice, data, and video streams flowing fast, without interruption, wherever your work takes you.
Fast Facts About This Product:
- This router is best for: Enterprise applications where the need for "always on" connectivity is a must; perfect for businesses who want an all-in-one solution, since the Verizon modem chip is built into the router - no need for a separate aircard!
- Form Factors Supported: N/A - utilizes integrated Verizon 3G/4G module
- Technologies Supported: Verizon 2G (1xRTT), 3G (EVDO Rev-A), and 4G (LTE)
- Number of Ethernet ports: 1 WAN input, 2 LAN outputs
- WiFi Standard: 802.11 B, G, N
- WiFi Range: 250-300' through walls, much greater unobstructed (variable depending on interference from other electronics and physical interference such as thick walls).
- WiFi as WAN: The BR1 supports WiFi as WAN, but it cannot also broadcast WiFi at the same time like most other routers. In other words, if you are using the WiFi as WAN feature, you will have to use an external access point to broadcast WiFi (or have all of your devices connected via ethernet).
- Load Balancing: No
- Failover: Yes
- Advanced VPN: Yes
- Size: medium - 5.8" x 5.0" x 1.6"