This router features an embedded AT&T 3G/4G modem and you will need active AT&T service to use it. If you already have an active AT&T 4G line of service you plan to use, you can simply swap your SIM card over to the BR1 when you receive it (the BR1 has a standard-sized SIM slot - if you plan to use a microSIM, you'll need the micro-to-standard SIM adapter). If you need to sign up for new service, you'll need to contact AT&T when you receive the equipment.
The Pepwave MAX BR1 is a rugged, ready-for-anything M2M connectivity solution that powers unparalleled uptime and dependability in mobile command, first response, surveillance, banking, retail, healthcare, and other deployments. Featuring Automatic Failover between fixed and mobile links, built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi and AT&T 4G LTE/3G modems, and SpeedFusion™ persistent session roaming, the MAX BR1 keeps critical voice, data, and video streams flowing fast, without interruption, wherever your work takes you.
Fast Facts About This Product:
- This router is best for: Enterprise applications where the need for "always on" connectivity is a must; perfect for businesses who want an all-in-one solution, since the AT&T modem chip is built into the router - no need for a separate aircard!
- Internet Connections Supported: 1 Embedded 3G/4G, 1 Wired WAN, WiFi as WAN (more info)
- Networks Supported for Embedded Modem: AT&T 2G, 3G, 4G HSPA+ and 4G LTE
- WiFi Standard: 802.11 B, G, & N
- WiFi Range: 250-300' through walls, much greater unobstructed (variable depending on interference from other electronics and physical interference such as walls and ceilings)
- Ethernet ports: 2 LAN + 1 WAN
- Power Supply: AC Adapter included, DC adapter sold separately
- Size: 5.8" x 5.0" x 1.6"