Fast Facts about this Product:
- This repeater kit is best for: Users who need to provide in-vehicle amplified cellular signal to 2 to 3 cellular modems or phones in close proximity to the included "candy bar" antenna.
- Coverage area*: 3-10' (e.g. front seat area of a vehicle)
- All-in-One Kit? YES
- Compatibility: 800mhz/1900mhz networks, which are used by most 2G (voice) and 3G networks in the USA, including:
- Verizon 2G/3G
- Sprint 2G/3G
- AT&T 2G/3G and HSPA+ (which shows up on your device as "4G" - NOT LTE)
- Datajack and Virgin Mobile 3G
- T-Mobile and Cricket 2G
- Does NOT work with LTE (Verizon/AT&T/Sprint/US Cellular/MetroPCS 4G), WiMAX (Sprint/CLEAR 4G), Nextel/iDen, or AWS (T-Mobile 3G/4G and Cricket 3G)
IMPORTANT SIGNAL INFORMATION: If you're purchasing an amplifier for use at one specific location, we strongly recommend doing a site survey first to determine whether the amplifier will help you and to give you an idea of what kind of results you can expect from it.
If your signal is extremely poor (-108db or worse), an amplifier may not be effective - there must be some usable signal available for the amplifier to boost. Conversely, if the signal is too STRONG at your location (-50db or better), the amplifier may shut down to avoid interference with the tower.
The Wilson Electronics Mobile 3G™ cell phone signal booster improves coverage – including 3G and 2G data downloads – for subscribers of all North American cellular carriers. For specific information about frequency bands, see specifications. All cellular devices – phones, data cards, tablets, etc. – connect to the system wirelessly, and the Mobile 3G supports multiple simultaneous connections. The Mobile 3G extends cellular signal range, reduces lost connections and speeds data rates. Our top-selling vehicle signal booster helps you stay connected around town and on the open road by detecting available cellular signal, amplifying it, and delivering the amplified signal inside your vehicle. With the Wilson Electronics Mobile 3G, you’ll see fewer dropped calls, faster downloads and a stronger, more reliable cellular signal.
How it works: The outside antenna picks up the cellular signal and sends it to the amplifier. The signal is then boosted and sent out through the low-profile interior antenna, which rebroadcasts the boosted signal. All of your modems/phones within range of the inside antenna can benefit from the boosted signal wirelessly.
*Many factors will influence the actual coverage area you will see from a repeater, including layout/floorplan, construction, and original un-amplified signal strength. Depending on your situation, you may see more or less coverage than the estimates listed here. It is not possible to guarantee coverage area.