The CTR500 has reached "end of life" and is no longer available. It has been replaced by the CBR400, which offers all of the same features of the CTR500 plus many more! To view and compare ALL the available routers, use our Router Advisor.
Fast Facts about this Product:
- This router is best for: The CTR500 is excellent for travelers and home/office users alike. The small size, signal indicator lights, and affordable price make it a great choice for RV-ers. With the extensive list of supported devices - including many phones/PDAs - and Cradlepoint's track record for providing updates when new devices debut, the CTR500 is a great investment likely to last a long time, even if you upgrade your device.
- Form Factors Supported: 1 USB, 1 Expresscard (view full compatibility chart)
- Technologies Supported: 2G, 3G, and 4G
- WiFi Standard: 802.11 B & G
- WiFi Range: 30-80ft through walls, much greater unobstructed (variable depending on interference from other electronics and physical interference such as thick walls). For information about maximizing your router's WiFi range, check out this Tip of the Week: Maximizing Your Cradlepoint Router's WiFi Range
- Number of Ethernet ports: 1 WAN/LAN port (configurable in router admin)
- Load Balancing: Yes (more info)
- Power Supply: AC Adapter included, DC Adapter sold separately
- Size: small - 4.8x 2.8x .8
- Click here for compatible accessories
Portable and Compact
The CradlePoint CTR500 Cellular Travel Router creates a secure Wi-Fi Hotspot from broadband enabled data modems. It works with the latest USB and Express card devices running on EVDO, HSDPA, and WiMAX networks to deliver Wi-Fi access nearly anywhere.
Secure and Reliable
The CTR500 provides enhanced Cellular Travel Router capability with support for ExpressCard modems. The high-performance router platform supports multiple and concurrent VPN pass-through sessions, plus encryption modes including WPA2 Personal and Enterprise. Additionally, its built-in auto-failover supports wireless backup applications. (click here for video demo of the CTR500 Failover feature)
Functionality and Convenience
CradlePoints router administration is web-browser based and the built-in Setup Wizard provides diskless set up of security parameters - getting a remote workgroup up and running quickly regardless of OS or device-type on the network. For placement convenience, the CTR500 also includes a signal strength mode, which activates the blue LED indicator panel.
L-R: Power, LAN, WiFi, USB, ExpressCard, blue signal lights.
- Fully compliant 802.11b/g WiFi router
- Compatible with Express Card and USB style cellular modems (click here for full compatibility list)
- Also supports select phones/handsets via USB cable (click here for full compatibility list)
- 10/100 Ethernet port operates as WAN input or LAN output
- Supports auto-failover mode for compact backup solution
- Cellular signal strength indication on top panel
- Powered by WiPipe technology
Cradlepoint CTR500 Specifications
- Model #: CTR500 Cellular Travel Router
- WiFi Standards: IEEE 802.11b/g
- Cellular Network Connection: Compatible phone/handset via USB; USB modems; ExpressCard/34mm modems
- Wired Network Connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet port (operates as WAN input or LAN output)
- Hardware Firewall: NAT (Network Address Translation) with SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection)
- Security and Access Control: Enable/Disable SSID, "Require User Login"; Internet Access Control (Services, URL, MAC, and DNS based)
- Encryption: 64/128 bit WEP, WPA/WPA2, and WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
- Network Applications Support: UPnP, ALG, Email, FTP, Gaming, Remote Desktop, NetMeeting, Telnet and others
- Business Applications Support: Multiple and Concurrent IPSEC, L2TP and PPTP VPN pass-through sessions
- Platform Compatibility: Windows 98SE/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Linux, and WiFi-enabled PDAs
- Firmware Upgrade: Flash-based with save and restore options
- Device Management: Local and remote administration via Web Browser (supports DDNS)
- LED Indicators: Power, WLAN (wireless LAN status), WAN/LAN (Ethernet link status), USB modem active, ExpressCard modem active, Cellular Signal Strength
- Dimensions: 4.8" x 2.8" x 0.8" (122 mm x 73 mm x 18.5 mm)
- Weight: 4.0 oz.
- Certifications: FCC, CE, IC, RoHS, Wi-Fi Alliance
- Operating Temp: 0 C to 50 C
- Power: 5vdc